Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

To state it simply enough, Southern California and its populace can not handle the rain. The moment the clouds start rolling in and the rain droplets just begin to speckle the pavement like some sort of urban Easter egg -- people start freaking out. The freeways become congested in a state of perpetual rush hour and the news channels promptly launch themselves into a "Storm Watch 200_" frenzy (please fill in the blank with the appropriate year).

So. With that said, Los Angeles has been inundated with rain for the past week. This is relatively unheard of, and I can't imagine that I'm the only one who was not adequately prepared for the torrential downpour (I'm not sure whether or not to be embarrassed to admit that I do not even own an umbrella). However, if I were to find myself properly clothed for the current conditions, I imagine I would be skipping through puddles in something like this:



Yes, I skip through puddles.

In heels.

No comments: